We all know that e-billing, e-invoicing, or eInvoice has a positive impact on the environment due to its being paperless by nature (Wikipedia). Significantly, the shift from paper billing to electronic invoicing nowadays is also widely accepted internationally by consumers and the business community with 77% of business owners favoring electronic billing (Kiplinger).
Here’s the bad news
A report by Finland’s leading business daily Kauppalehti last Tuesday revealed however that Finnish companies and consumers do not adequately take advantage of electronic invoicing and are considerably worse than the European average. “The popularity of e-invoicing in Finland is significantly lower than in many other European countries. For British companies, nearly 90 percent are able to send electronic invoices to their clients. In Estonia, the figure is 82, Denmark 68 and Germany 60 percent. In Finland, the corresponding figure is only 44 per cent.”
Findings emerged from a survey commissioned by Itella involving 16 countries from Europe, over 9 000 consumers, and 4 765 business decision-makers (Source in Finnish: “Suomi on takapajula – tälläkin mittarilla“)
…and some good news!
Do you need to save time, money, and space with an effective e-invoicing service? Does your company urgently need a streamlined way to manage quote-to order-to-bill process?
Enjoy 30-Day Free Trial with PlanMill Add-ons!
Check out optional add-ons/ extensions for PlanMill CRM, PROJECT, PSA and ERP with relevant infrastructure components for unique company needs – on the Cloud or On-Premise!
PlanMill Sales Order – simple quote and sales order management solution
PlanMill Sales Order is completely integrated to PlanMill Business Application Suite (BAS) and related to modules such as Accounts, Contacts, Contracts, Requests, Projects and Products. View demo
- maximize invoicing accuracy by integrating all business processes, from quote to order to bill.
- eliminate the risk of error with centralized customer records that are shared across the business.
- bill customers on a one-time or recurring basis.
- manage different customer, billing and shipping related information.
- manage and automate different payments, whether monthly, quarterly or annually.
See also demos for related add-ons such as:
PlanMill E-invoice — lets you enjoy automatic and hassle-free invoicing
A worldwide network of tens of thousands of organizations – all with one connection!
Streamline corporate invoicing in one click!
PlanMill E-invoice enables easy sending and visualization of electronic invoices within a worldwide network. This is the most easy and cost-effective solution for e-invocing by automating your entire invoice process. Created in collaboration with software company Basware Plc, this is available immediately and can be implemented quickly. Learn more from Finvoice-verkkolasku.
- a monitored service that ensures that electronic invoices are delivered to multiple suppliers and customers through one connection quickly and safely.
- electronic invoicing can include images and attachments in the same way as a paper invoice.
- electronic invoice is VAT compliant and a digital signature can be attached to the invoice to guarantee the integrity of the invoice content.